Is there a charge for using your service?

Our service and expertise in finding you a suitable role is completely free of charge; we would never ask you for any money for simply doing our job! We understand the pressure and stress of changing jobs and potentially relocating your family, our focus is to make this transition as easy as possible for you and your family. After qualifying your requirements, we will help you every step of the way towards you starting your new role. We will continue to keep in touch after you start your new job and always be available to help.

What registration do I need to work in the NHS?

In order to work in the NHS as a doctor, you must be GMC (General Medical Council) registered with a licence to practice. This can be achieved by having a Post Graduate Qualification that is recognised by the GMC or alternatively by completing the PLAB (Professional and Linguistics Board) assessment.

What English Language requirements are there to work in the UK?

There are two main routes to satisfying the English Language requirements set out by the GMC. We would suggest taking the OET (Occupational English Test) route. You will need to score a B Grade in each section to secure a pass. The OET has medically based questions and from our feedback from the candidates we speak to is that this is the preferred route in terms of passing the language requirements.

The other route is the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) where you need to score at least 7 in each section and have an overall average of 7.5 – in order to help with your VISA application, you would need to take the UK VI IELTS exam.

Our team are ready to help and guide you through the process.

Moving to the UK can seem daunting. Will I have any help to settle into a new country?

We will be heavily involved and be a constant source of support for you with the move. It can be stressful relocating and our team has expertise in identifying what needs to be done and will ensure you never feel you are on our own. Our team has a wealth of knowledge on everything involved in relocating and will help with things such as accommodation, local information, school places for your children, opening UK bank account and applying for a National Insurance number. Our aim is to make the move as simple and easy for you as possible.

What Salary level can I expect in the UK?

NHS trusts will calculate salaries for candidates on their grade level and number of years’ experience. This is implemented using a banding system, but of course the final figures can vary from trust to trust. There are also some relocation expenses that NHS trusts will provide once you start your role. But again this will vary from trust to trust. We are happy to discuss this with you.

Can I drive in the UK?

You can use your non-UK driving licence for up to 12 months before having to transfer or apply for a new licence. We can provide you with more information when required.

When should I start the process of looking for a job?

Taking into account your individual notice period, pre-employment checks, VISA paperwork and relocation – the process can take anywhere from 3-6 months. Although it can be quicker than this if you have a very short notice period in your current position.