Xander Hendrix Healthcare have a number of vacancies for experienced Midwives who are interested in working in the United Kingdom. Please get in touch if you are a midwife, either already based in the UK or if you are based internationally and would be interested in relocating to the UK, and would like to know more on our current opportunities.
Midwifery in the UK offers excellent career growth opportunities with Midwives always being in high demand.
Xander Hendrix Healthcare has vast experience in recruiting healthcare professionals from across the globe, assisting and guiding our candidates throughout the relocation as well as with the registration process with the relevant licensing body. In the case of Midwives, this would be the NMC UK (The Nursing & Midwifery Council, UK).
As an overview of the NMC registration process you would follow the procedure listed below:
- For midwifery, you will need to hold a qualification that allows you to register as a Midwife with the NMC.
- Complete an online application with the NMC UK to confirm your eligibility to join the register as a Midwife
- Achieve the required IELTS/OET results as required by the NMC (unless from an exempt country)
- Complete your initial registration and verification process with NMC as a Midwife
- Complete the Midwifery CBT
- This online assessment is to test your theoretical practice-based knowledge. The test format is a multiple-choice test, and it can be taken in test centres located around the world.
- Once you have completed your Midwifery CBT and provided NMC with all the supporting documents you are able to relocate to the UK
- Once you arrive in the UK you will start preparing for your Midwifery OSCE
- Your OSCE exam will be done when you are in the UK at one of the 5 test centres. This exam will assess your clinical knowledge.
- Once you have passed your Midwifery OSCE you will receive your NMC pin and registration as a Midwife in the UK
Our team are highly experienced in medical recruitment and are specialists in placing overseas doctors and nurses into permanent positions within the UK. The team has over 30 years combined experience of medical recruitment. Our head office is based in London and we also operate satellite offices in Northern Ireland, India, and South Africa.
- Midwives would need to have completed their NMC eligibility application with the NMC (as mentioned above) and have achieved the required IELTS/OET results required by NMC (unless from an exempt country)
- Candidates would not necessarily need to have already done their midwifery CBT to be considered for an interview.
- We will discuss your preferences with you regarding location you would be looking to work in, and factors that are important to you to give you more information on the most suitable vacancies available at the time
- Once you have been shortlisted for an interview we will guide and prepare you for your interview.
- Once you have been made an offer and accepted, we will start the relocation and visa process.
Please visit for the following links for more information on:
Practicing as a Midwife in the UK
Registering as a Midwife with the NMC UK
Recruitment of overseas midwives
Benefits you can typically expect when relocating to the UK as an international nurse could include*:
- Visa sponsorship for international candidates
- Reimbursement of NMC and CBT costs
- Free joining flights
- Free accommodation for a limited period
- Sponsorship of visa and OSCE fees
- Payment of OSCE fees
- Support, guidance and training for Midwifery CBT and OSCE
*Benefits are dependent on Trust and will always be confirmed in your Offer letter